Thursday, July 17, 2008

Ar'right You Guys, Come Clean!

I have been posting weekly (mostly) updates on our building's growth and development since - does anyone remember when it started? Please raise your hand!

Once we were online, I installed a bit of digital magic that tells me when - date and time - some unidentified someone views the site. I know the server location, but not who is looking in on us. I know how long the visitor stayed, and how many pages they looked at.

So here we are, many months after the beginning, and several months after the last big construction event, and roughly 15 people are visiting us EVERY day. Many are from Washington, and some are from farther away.

Who ARE you people, and WHAT do you want? NO No No, please! I'm not angry with you. I just don't understand the fascination. In the first place, all you Washington folks can stop by and see it for yourselves almost any time you want, and I can tell you that it's much more, um … 'robust' that way. 3-D! with sound! with shopping! with live music! OK. Stop looking at it online and come DO it!

Those who are living far away … OK, I understand that it's not easy to get here from wherever you are. OK, this blog is your link with Washington. OK, I get that.

Except that I intended to stop posting several weeks ago, but the steady flow of visitors keeps me searching for things to show and tell. If I continue, I need to know that it's important. Comment please.

7 comments:

Anne Koski said...

I'm not sayin nothin...

031701 said...

I can clearly see the Bryson Block from my bedroom window, yet I have an RSS feed to the Bryson Block Blog because I get to hear the author of the blog say stuff about it.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ben. Maybe you should have been a journalist in another life!

Anonymous said...

I grew up in Washington but live in North Liberty now--by way of Cedar Falls, Dallas, Syracuse, and back to Washington! I stumbled on to your blog some time ago and put it in my favorites. I have so enjoyed keeping up with the progress. As I looked at the pictures of the inside, I remembered the old JC Penney store of my childhood. Thanks for restoring the building and letting me in on it. You have my permission to stop now--but you don't have to! :)
LM

Anonymous said...

Nice comments . . . Just curious, and my way to travel without traveling. Curious in Dubuque

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Fun to read. Even for a Washingtonian that can see the progress from the outside.

Anonymous said...

C'mon keep it going. It's not only a window on what's going on, but also entertaining - so keep it up. I think sometimes when you've been challenged by what to put on the blog, it's been the most entertaining.